International Business Administration
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 3 years
Number of places available: 100
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fee: €3300 per academic year*
*The tuition fees are based on 2016-2017 ECTS prices
The International business administration curriculum builds up a foundation in all areas of business administration: accounting, banking, business law, economics, finance, marketing, management, entrepreneurship etc. Students will become experts in how to successfully do international business and they have the opportunity to study business environment in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
TSEBA has been teaching and training students for 75 years and knows what it takes to qualify and compete for the best jobs in today’s world of business. Professors and staff are working hard to ensure the best education that will send graduates off to the best possible future, whether it will be business conducted for others or for setting up new start-ups of their own.
- The most popular programme among international students at Tallinn Tech (more than 20 nationalities in one classroom)
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- Possibility to specialise in marketing, finance and accounting
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses and business model competitions
- Opportunity to successfully participate in student exchange programmes in the United States, EU and elsewhere
- Programmes provide a good blend of theoretical knowledge coupled with practical results-oriented training
Some 80% of Estonian top CEOs, public leaders and managers are graduates of TSEBA (according to the statistics carried out by Estonian business paper Äripäev). Graduates of TSEBA are working as leading specialists in Estonian enterprises as well as abroad, in the European Union and elsewhere. The programme provides the graduates knowledge and skills needed for competent business managers and experts. The career perspectives and opportunities are also present in IT, marketing, finance, governance areas and many others.
It is imperative to the Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration (TSEBA) that academic trends blend with practical uses. The Bachelor of International Business Administration programme follows this trend and focuses on entrepreneurship, institutions of the EU, theory of organization and management, business ethics, domestic and international business etc. During your studies in International Business Administration at TSEBA you have the opportunity to specialize in Marketing or in Finance and Accounting areas.
Educational aims of the curriculum
- Provide broad-based competency corresponding to the bachelor level for acting in the constantly changing domestic and international business activity, in different sectors; create sufficient preconditions for rapid and flexible orientation in everyday business activity and future academic training.
- Provide systematic basic knowledge and skills to ensure generation of preconditions for development of competent business managers and experts.
- Develop understanding of future-focused business organisations as integrated whole with different functions, their co-action and of the economic, social, political-legal and cultural frameworks and their development.
- Teach communication skills needed in international business administration and information and communication technologies.
- Provide skills to explain orally and in writing the specialty related problems and take part in relevant discussions in one_s language of study and in one foreign language.
- Provide social competence in a changing community; create and develop further the lifelong learning attitude.
- Provide instructions how to use acquired knowledge and skills in work and continuing education, and for professional development.
Fortunatus Pes Scientiam! - Success through knowledge!
The courses of TSEBA are taught by both renowned and experienced professors, associate professors, researchers as well as by distinguished and successful business leaders drawn from the Estonian and international business community.TSEBA at Tallinn University of Technology has been providing business education for 75 years. That makes TSEBA the oldest and with its approximately 2000 students also the biggest school in its field in Estonia. The majority of the leaders in the business and economic sector of Estonia are graduates of Tallinn University of Technology, TSEBA. Great career success stories of TSEBA`s graduates are mentioned daily in the mass media. The career perspectives and opportunities are not limited to the field of Business Administration, but are also present in IT, Marketing, Finance, Governance and many others.
STRUCTURE OF THE CURRICULUM
General studies 24 ECTS
Basic studies 50 ECTS
Core studies 70 ECTS
Special studies 20 ECTS
Free choice courses 8 ECTS
Thesis 8 ECTS
TOTAL: 180 ECTS
Introduction to Information Technology
English for Special Purposes I
Qualitative Research Methods
Organisation of Studies
Estonian Language and Culture I
Working Environment and Ergonomics
Mathematics, statistics and information technology:
Marketing and business communication:
Business English I
Research and economic research:
Research Paper in the Core Study
Research Paper in the Basic Study
Accounting and financial management:
Principles of Financial Accounting
Marketing and logistics:
Legal Environment of Business
Market Research and Market Planning
Money and Banking
Marketing Communication I
Business English II
Specialisation: Finance and Accounting
Intermediate Financial Accounting
Real Estate Finance
Introduction to Financial Analysis
Money and Banking
Marketing Communication I
FREE CHOICE COURSES
Motivation letter/statement of purpose
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please include following:
- Describe your professional goals. How does the degree programme you are applying for will support your professional profile? (0-2 points)
- Why do you apply for the chosen programme? Which of the courses offered in this programme are particularly beneficial in pursuing your professional goals? (0-2 points)
- Why do you think you are the right person for this programme? Previous experience, interest in the special field (0-2 points)
- Why do you want to study at the Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration of TTU? (0-2 points)
- In which way do you intend to contribute to the social, business or political development of your home country once you are in a respective position? (0-2 points)
Grading scale: 0-10 points.
Positive scale: 5-10 points.
The candidate must collect at least 5 points to be in the competition.
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
The yearly fee for a typical student is calculated based on 60 ECTS per year (full study load). The following is an estimation based on current fees (which may change from year to year, but cannot increase more than 10% yearly):
- 1 ECTS is 55 EUR
- first study year is 3300 EUR
PS! Non-EU students must pay in advance for 60 ECTS (yearly load) before starting their studies.
Graduates are working as middle and leading specialists in Estonian enterprises as well as abroad, in the European Union and elsewhere. Many of today's leaders in Estonia and this region are graduates from TSEBA. Their knowledge, skills, and experience are recognized in various sectors: from the central bank to ministries and from IT and telecommunication companies to finance and manufacturing industries.Extensive knowledge enables to build a basis for being engaged in a wide spectrum of specialties or continue studies at the master’s level or take a self-education course in order to re-specialize or be retrained in the future. The practicability of programmes, ensured by cooperation with employers and professional unions, enables a graduate to find a suitable and rewarding job.
"The reason I first came to study in Tallinn Tech was the fact that this university provides a truly innovative, friendly and international environment. As a person who comes from a trilingual family background and lived most of her life abroad, I have always been very impressed with how much care and effort the university puts in the education and wellbeing of its international students. After finishing my bachelor degree, I went to Germany for a year to start with my master’s degree. However, I had to realise very soon that I missed the motivating learning environment that Tallinn Tech offers so I made a decision to move back to Tallinn to start with my MBA degree and continue working as the Head of International Affairs of United Nations Association Estonia."
Juliane Jokinen, Finland
Alumna of the International Business Administration
"The programme not only provides students with high quality training in business administration but also bring to students an entrepreneurial awareness which is essential for today’s business success. In addition, the innovative teaching methods, approachable teaching staff, and modern learning environment will ensure an excellent learning experience. I would like to invite you to undertake the BBA programme in Tallinn Tech in one of the world’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions."
Xiaosong Zheng, Associate Professor
Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration
The teaching staff includes experienced scholars as well as successful practicing managers from the Estonian business world and abroad.
- Prof. Jaan Alver - leading professor in management accounting in Estonia, author of textbooks in accounting
- Prof. Lehte Alver - leading professor in financial accounting in Estonia
- Prof. Enn Listra – professor in finance and member of the Board of the Bank of Estonia
- Margus Tinits – a leading specialist and instructor in accounting Estonia
- Marko Saag – a top instructor and lecturer in taxation, Attela Attorneys at Law
- Ricardo Vicente (Spain) – a lecturer in mathematics and econometrics
- Paavo Siimann – a lecturer in financial analysis, Statoil Fuel &Retail Estonia, Finance director
The courses of TSEBA are taught by both renowned and experienced professors, associate professors, researchers as well as by distinguished and successful business leaders drawn from the Estonian and international business community.
- Possibility to study one semester abroad free of charge in one of TSEBA's 80 Erasmus partner universities
- Co-operation with Estonian corporate sector and state institutions (main partners are Swedbank, Bank of Estonia, SEB, Nordea, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc)
- TUT alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
- Possibility to take part in annual student business practicum
- Possibily to use mentors network
- International conferences organized by TSEBA
"I am happy to be a student of this well-known university – TUT, in an innovative country Estonia. What makes TUT especially great is the fact that there are many people studying here from all over the world, this is very interesting and inspirational. I am sure that my time here in TUT and Estonia will be one of the most valuable and memorable things in my life".