Degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 3 years
Number of places available: 30
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fee: No tuition fee if the student is studying with full study load. If student fails to study with full study load then the price of 1 ECTS is 43 EUR.*
*The tuition fees are based on 2016-2017 ECTS prices
The programme provides students with sufficient knowledge to undertake activities in industry with the intention of continuing education in fields like: Industrial Engineering & Management; Design & Engineering; Mechatronics; Materials and Processes for Sustainable Energetics; Distributed Energy; Software Engineering; Cyber Security.
Integrated Engineering shares knowledge in the main engineering disciplines and is based on problem-based learning – course projects are playing an essential role, enabling team working in solving different engineering problems.
This programme is unique and is the only Integrated Engineering programme in the Baltic Sea region.
- Provides an understanding of social sciences, physics and engineering science fundamentals in the field of engineering
- Special courses introducing mechanical engineering, novel materials, design, power engineering, automation, ICT
- All scientific labs are new or fully renovated, specialised engineering (CAD, LabView, MatLab) computer classes, new Mektory labs
- 3D printers and laser sintering machine, 3D scanner, CNC machine tools, modern mobile and industrial robots, unmanned vehicles
- As a benefit, students gain international team work experience from different fields and are able to find solutions from larger basis
- is able to express itself in speciality in written and oral manner and is able to communicate at least in one foreign language;
- has knowledge how to use contemporary means of information technology and teamworking in everyday work;
- is able to take into part in engineering projects both in industry and R&D;
- can design new competitive environment friendly products, meeting the customers' expectations;
- knows how to use specific models to specify a system or process on the level of technological parameters, while creating and assessing alternative designs;
- has knowledge how to use the results obtained by the physical model for creation of an actual system or a process which would also comply to effective production requirements;
- has ability to critically assess the developed systems used in industry as well as own professional capability, and to plan the needed additional training.
The Integrated Engineering degree programme provides a broad engineering education. Nowadays, engineering is an integration of knowledge from the fields of design, production, materials and market-orientated economic subjects. Therefore, the Bachelor diploma in integrated engineering gives the student an opportunity to start engineering activities as well as continue studies at Master’s level.
STRUCTURE OF THE CURRICULUM
General studies 22 ECTS
Basic studies 54 ECTS
Core studies 65 ECTS
Special studies 23 ECTS
Free choice courses 8 ECTS
Thesis 8 ECTS
TOTAL: 180 ECTS
Technology and Society
Estonian Language and Culture I
Foreign Language for Academic Purposes
Intellectual Property Law
Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Working Environment and Ergonomics
Organisation of Studies
Statics and Kinematics
Metrology and Measurement Engineering
Chemistry and Materials Science
Mathematical Analysis II
Mathematical Analysis I
Introduction to Robotics
Electrical Drives and Power Electronics
Fundamentals of Sustainable Energy Engineering
Polymeric Materials: Synthesis and Properties
Mechanics of Machines
Strength of Materials I
Strength of Materials II
Fundamentals of Logistics
NC Programming and CAM Systems
Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Basics of Production Engineering I
Computer Aided Design
Industrial Design Basics
Materials and Process Selection
Course Project 1
Course Project 2
FREE CHOICE COURSES
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- The secondary school graduation certificate and transcript
- Moodle online multiple choice test. Moodle test consists of multiple choice questions which evaluate candidate's basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Skype interview- will be conducted only to candidates who have passed test in Moodle
Motivation letter/statement of purpose
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please include following:
- highlight why you would like to attend the chosen programme;
- your future academic and career goals.
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.