Degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 3 years
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fee: €3300 per academic year 2017/2018
Number of places available: 50
Number of full tuition fee waiver scholarships: 45
The programme provides students with sufficient knowledge to undertake activities in industry with the intention of continuing education in fields like: Industrial Engineering & Management; Design & Engineering; Mechatronics; Materials and Processes for Sustainable Energetics; Distributed Energy; Software Engineering; Cyber Security.
Integrated Engineering shares knowledge in the main engineering disciplines and is based on problem-based learning – course projects are playing an essential role, enabling team working in solving different engineering problems.
This programme is unique and is the only Integrated Engineering programme in the Baltic Sea region.
- Provides an understanding of social sciences, physics and engineering science fundamentals in the field of engineering
- Special courses introducing mechanical engineering, novel materials, design, power engineering, automation, ICT
- All scientific labs are new or fully renovated, specialised engineering (CAD, LabView, MatLab) computer classes, new Mektory labs
- 3D printers and laser sintering machine, 3D scanner, CNC machine tools, modern mobile and industrial robots, unmanned vehicles
- As a benefit, students gain international team work experience from different fields and are able to find solutions from larger basis
- is able to express itself in speciality in written and oral manner and is able to communicate at least in one foreign language;
- has knowledge how to use contemporary means of information technology and teamworking in everyday work;
- is able to take into part in engineering projects both in industry and R&D;
- can design new competitive environment friendly products, meeting the customers' expectations;
- knows how to use specific models to specify a system or process on the level of technological parameters, while creating and assessing alternative designs;
- has knowledge how to use the results obtained by the physical model for creation of an actual system or a process which would also comply to effective production requirements;
- has ability to critically assess the developed systems used in industry as well as own professional capability, and to plan the needed additional training.
The Integrated Engineering degree programme provides a broad engineering education. Nowadays, engineering is an integration of knowledge from the fields of design, production, materials and market-orientated economic subjects. Therefore, the Bachelor diploma in integrated engineering gives the student an opportunity to start engineering activities as well as continue studies at Master’s level.
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- The secondary school graduation certificate and transcript
- Moodle online multiple choice test. Moodle test consists of multiple choice questions which evaluate candidate's basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Skype interview- will be conducted only to candidates who have passed test in Moodle
Motivation letter/statement of purpose
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please include following:
- highlight why you would like to attend the chosen programme;
- your future academic and career goals.
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
The yearly fee for a typical student is calculated based on 60 ECTS per year (full study load). The following is an estimation based on 2017/2018 fees:
- 1 ECTS is 55 EUR
- first study year is 3300 EUR
A tuition fee waiver is a non-monetary scholarship granted automatically to the best ranked candidates, according to the points earned in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period. Recipients of the scholarships are required to study full-time, i.e. with the workload of at least 60 ECTS per year. If the student starts studying part-time, he/she will lose the tuition fee waiver and will start paying for studies.
For scholarship options please check www.ttu.ee/scholarships.