In order to commence with doctoral studies, the applicant shall have a master´s degree or a comparable education. All applicants must have a good command of English.
To apply for PhD studies at TUT, applicants have to send the following documents as a standard process of admission:
- application form
- certificate (diploma) of Master's degree and transcript of studies (translated into English and attested by a notary)
- certificate (diploma) of Bachelor´s degree and transcript of studies (translated into English and attested by a notary)
- copies of the identification pages of the applicant's passport or other identification document
- Curriculum Vitae, incl data about education and research work
- written recommendation - agreement letter from the prospective supervisor
- PhD thesis plan
- Estonian ENIC/NARIC appraisal of foreign education document - the doctoral studies specialist of TUT gives assistance
Estonian ENIC/ NARIC Center
Koidula 13A, Tallinn 10125
enic-naric at archimedes dot ee
opening hours on workdays 9.00 -17.00
Admission committee responsible for the PhD program has the right to arrange interviews with the candidates. In interviews the members of the admission committee look into the applicant´s qualifications in relation to the proposed project. An overall assessment will be made of the applicant´s suitability and his or her ability to complete PhD studies.
Admission period for academic year 2013/2014 is June 25 – 28, 2013.
Interviews with canditates will be held in July 1 - 2.
Application documents should be sent to:
Research Administration Office
Tallinn University of Technology
Ehitajate tee 5