Cyber Security Engineering
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Duration: 3 years
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fee: €2400 per academic year 2017/2018
Number of places available: 25
The curriculum is designed to provide higher education in the broad domain of Cyber Security, integrating Software Development and IT Systems Administration. Graduates of this curriculum will be able to independently design, operate and manage secure IT systems.
After graduating you will be able to:
- understand the whole lifespan of IT systems;
- develop, test and distribute information systems with focus on administration and security;
- perform information systems security testing based on standards and best practices;
- design, develop and implement information systems security procedures;
- master the basics of information systems administration, and administer development and testing environments;
- understand and act by the ethical norms of the field.
The 3 year (180 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Basic Skills and Competences (16 ECTS)
- Basics of Information Technology (24 ECTS)
- IT Systems Development (38 ECTS)
- IT Systems Administration (22 ECTS)
- Cyber Security (16 ECTS)
- Elective subjects (32 ECTS, spread into different modules, selected from a total of 91 ECTS)
- Internship (27 ECTS)
- Diploma Thesis (5 ECTS)
The prerequisite for admission is secondary education acquired in Estonia or a corresponding level of education acquired in a foreign state. Recognition of an education certificate issued abroad is decided by the Admissions Committee based on the statement and recommendations by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre (Academic Recognition Information Centre).
application (filled in the admission system);
- motivation letter;
- certificate of secondary education, incl. results report (certified copy);
- certificate that demonstrates the required language proficiency (original or certified copy);
- 1 document photo (dimensions of a digital photo: 307 x 372 pixels, recommended resolution: min 300 dpi);
- passport or ID-card (copy).
The required documents can be entered to the admission information system (scanned versions) during admission period. The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Estonian. Often you can receive a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the IT College by postal mail. NB! Never send original documents by post!
The Admissions Committee may interview a student candidate via Skype.
Study loads at IT College
Full-time study: the student meets the requirements of at least 75 % of the extent of the curriculum by the end of each academic year.
Part-time study: the student meets the requirements of 50% to 75% of the extent of the curriculum by the end of each academic year.