A delegation of Mitsubishi Group visited the Mektory Centre
On 10 July, the Innovation and Business Centre Mektory of the Tallinn University of Technology was visited by a 7-member delegation of the Mitsubishi Group. Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Mitsubishi International GmbH and Lithium Energy Japan were represented.
The companies of the Mitsubishi Group have a long-lasting collaboration with TUT which has yielded many successful research and development projects.
The international delegation composed of various Mitsubishi companies from all over the world examined the results of Mitsubishi and TUT electric car data mining project at the Mobile Services and Media lab of the Mektory Centre. During this, the durability and effectiveness of electric cars in the northern climate was also explored. The representatives of Mitsubishi were extremely pleased with the accomplished achievements and many new possible collaborative projects in the field of data mining; big data and the Internet of Things were discussed.
TUT Vice-Rector for Innovation and Internationalisation Tea Varrak, Faculty of IT doctoral student Innar Liiv, and ICT doctoral student Kadri Umbleja were among those welcoming the guests at Mektory Centre.
The Mitsubishi delegation included:
- Mr. Mikio Sasaki, Former Chairman, Senior Advisor to the Board, Mitsubishi Corporation
- Mr. Hiroshi Sakuma, Executive Vice President, Group CEO, Global Environmental & Infrastructure Business Group, Mitsubishi Corporation
- Mr. Akinobu Ogata, Executive Vice President, Lithium Energy Japan (an affiliated company of Mitsubishi Corporation
- Mr .Katsuhiko Yanagawa, President, Mitsubishi International GmbH
- Mr. Toshinaga Kato, Corporate General Manager of Europe & Middle East / Africa Office, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Mr. Nozomu Sasaki, Global Strategy & Business Development Department, Mitsubishi Corporation
- Mr. Hirofumi Noda, Environment Business, R&D Dept., Mitsubishi Corporation