ICT thesis contest 2018
June 15, agenda
The competition takes place for the sixth time, including all the School of IT specialities.
ICT thesis competition scholarship fund is 4300€. The scholarship fund is co-financed by Study IT in Estonia Programme. Each category winner is awarded with a scholarship of 500€ (exception is the BSc* level software category). The special prize is 200€ for BSc* and 300€ for MSc. In addition, Cybernetica-named scholarship worth of 500€, Swedbank-named scholarship worth of 500€, Erlpy-named scholarship worth of 500€ and Scoro-named scholarship worth of 300€ will be granted.
*BSc category also includes theses of applied higher education studies.
Photographer: Sten-Ander Ojakallas
- Acknowledge thesis writers for their academic accomplishments;
- introduce the process of thesis defence;
- involve as many students as possible in the audience, to give them a possibility to gather inspiration for writing their own thesis;
- introduce the themes and level of students’ theses to companies;
- give good opportunities for companies and students to meet and discuss potential collaboration possibilities;
- to introduce the Shool of IT specializations and fields of research to the high school students through the thesis presentations, and thereby to guide the students to make an informed choice of specialty.
|BSc software category |
|Ragnar Luga||Virtuaalse keha juhtimine Kindecti sensori ja Unity abil, supervisors Senior Research Sven Nõmm and Software Engineer Jaagup Irve||Best thesis|
|Tarmo Oja||Vabatahtliku pääste häireteadete edastamise infosüsteemi alustehnoloogiate valik ja evitustehiste loomine, supervisor Early Stage Researcher Toomas Lepik ||Best applicable thesis|
|Epp Mauring||Ristmiku kinnisõitmise ennustamine fooritsükli optimeerimiseks, supervisor Early Stage Researcher Martin Rebane||Special prize|
|BSc hardware and systems category|
|Janno Jõulu||Analysis of a Hardware and Codesign Based Convolutional Neural Networks' Accelerators, supervisor Professor Peeter Ellervee||Best thesis|
|Marko Ratas||Maapinnal asuvate objektide positsioneerimine videol, supervisors Associate Professor Vladimir Viies and Marek Truu (AS Teede Tehnokeskus)||Special prize|
|MSc software category|
|Liisi Soots||Pavement Mapping Using Convolutional Neural Networks, supervisors Kristjan Korjus and Associate Professor Juhan-Peep Ernits||Best thesis|
|Daniele Mucci||TED - the ELF Doctor A Container Based Tool to Perform Security Risk Assessment for ELF Binaries, supervisor Bernhards Blumbergs||Special prize|
|Liisi Soots||Pavement Mapping Using Convolutional Neural Networks, supervisors Kristjan Korjus and Associate Professor Juhan-Peep Ernits||AS Swedbank scholarship|
|Kristo Raun||Creedy Coverage - an Algorithm for Covering a Dataset, supervisor Lecturer Ants Torim||OÜ Scoro Software scholarship|
|Leo Kristopher Piel||Speech-based Identification of Children's Gender and Age with Neural Networks, supervisor Senior Researcher Tanel Alumäe||Oü Erply scholarship|
|MSc hardware and systems category|
|Andrei Maalberg||SpaceWire to SPI Bridge in VHDL for Microsemi ProASIC3E FPGA, supervisors René Beuchat (EPFL), Associate Professor Eduard Petlenkov, Jean-Luc Josset (Space-X) and Mitko Tanevski (Space-X)||Best thesis|
|Stiven Vesi||Sensoorikaplaat tudengivormelile FEST18, supervisor Professor Olev Märtens||Special prize|
|Andrei Maalberg||SpaceWire to SPI Bridge in VHDL for Microsemi ProASIC3E FPGA, supervisors René Beuchat (EPFL), Associate Professor Eduard Petlenkov, Jean-Luc Josset (Space-X) and Mitko Tanevski (Space-X)||AS Cybernetica scholarship|
|MSc information society category|
|Kai Kreos||Reducing Barriers in Cross-Border E-Commerce Through an Automated VAT Declaration System, supervisor Associate Professor Ermo Täks||Best thesis|
|Evelin Anion||Analysis of Selected Quality Indicators in the Estonian Cervical Cancer Screening Program in 2016, supervisors Piret Veerus and Professor Peeter Ross||Special prize|
MSc software category
MSc hardware and systems category
MSc information society category
BSc software category
BSc hardware and systems category
- May 21st - June 13th – period for submitting formal application and thesis*;
- no later than June 14th - organizers announce who has qualified (or not qualified) to the final stage;
- June 14th – submit defense speech slideshow digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- June 15th – ICT thesis contest (final stage).
- Documents (application and thesis) should be submitted via TTÜ Development Fund’s web form.
- The documents must be in pdf format and named as follows: “first name_last name_thesis/presentation”.
For further details see the terms of participation here!
* An application is deemed to be accepted if the thesis has received a recommendation to participate in the competition from the defense committee (see the terms of participation, clause 4).