ICT thesis contest 2017
June 1, agenda
The competition takes place for the fifth time, including all the School of IT specialities.
ICT thesis competition scholarship fund is 4300€. The scholarship fund is co-financed by AS Kühne + Nagel and Study IT in Estonia Programme. Each category winner is awarded with a scholarship of 500€ (exception is the BSc level software category). The special prize is 200€ for BSc and 300€ for MSc. In addition, Cybernetica-named scholarship worth of 500€, Swedbank-named scholarship worth of 500€ and Scoro-named scholarship worth of 300€ will be granted.
Everyone competing in the final stage will be given a feedback on the thesis and the defence speech by the committee.
- Acknowledge thesis writers for their academic accomplishments;
- introduce the process of thesis defence;
- give feedback to students’ theses and defence speeches, to ensure a better preparation for academic defence;
- involve as many students as possible in the audience, to give them a possibility to gather inspiration for writing their own thesis;
- introduce the themes and level of students’ theses to companies;
- give good opportunities for companies and students to meet and discuss potential collaboration possibilities;
- to introduce the Shool of IT specializations and fields of research to the high school students through the thesis presentations, and thereby to guide the students to make an informed choice of specialty.
MSc software category
MSc hardware and systems category
MSc information society category
BSc software category
BSc hardware and systems category
- 1st - 15th of May – period for submitting formal application, supervisor’s cover letter and thesis*;
- 29th of May - organizers announce who has qualified (or not qualified) to the final stage;
- 31st of May – submit defence speech slideshow and the updated version of the thesis** digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- 1st of June – ICT thesis contest (final stage).
* Does not have to be the final version of the thesis, but it has to include a clear research assignment, its solution, main conclusions and propositions.
** In case you have updated your thesis paper significantly compared to the version presented on May 16th.
- Documents (supervisor’s cover letter, thesis, presentation) should be submitted via TTÜ Development Fund’s web form.
- The documents must be in pdf format and named as follows: “code of curriculum_first name_last name_cover letter/thesis_title of the thesis/presentation”.
For further details see the terms of participation here!