Microgrids and Metrology Group
The work includes the research and development of power supply systems and smart grids for industry and service sectors and households aimed at improving the efficiency, reliability and flexibility of electrical installations. The working group is also characterized by high-level knowledge about electrical, automation and lighting installations.
Head of the research group is professor Argo Rosin.
Energy efficiency and power quality analyzes:
- Electricity audits, incl. energy efficiency measures and feasibility evaluation.
- Cost efficiency measures and cost-benefit analyzes for industry, business and services sector and households.
Demand side management and aggregation, including automation of production:
- Modeling and analysis of energy consumption aggregation solutions, including virtual power plants.
- Electricity-based and quality-based demand side management methods and systems.
- Innovative solutions and expertise in electrical, automation and lighting installations.
Micro production and energy storage and production:
- Techno-economic optimization of on-grid and off-grid microgrids, including energy source, storage device and load analysis.
- Innovative energy storage solutions in order to improve electricity quality, cost-effectiveness and supply reliability.
- Diagnostic models and life time prediction of energy storages.
- Determination of the need for an energy storage or for electricity consumption management based on local power generation.
Metrology and measurement methods studies:
- Selection and development of measuring equipment.
- Assessment, development and modeling of measurement methods.
- Analysis of measurement results.