Standardization is an activity that determines the provisions for solving existing or potential problems to achieve optimal levels. Standardization involves compiling, publishing and using of standards. The benefits of standardization are reflected in improving the consistency of products, processes, services, methods, etc., in preventing trade barriers and facilitating technical cooperation.
Standardization Technical Committee EVS/TC 57 „Processing oil shale and oil shale product“ was registered up to Estonian Centre for Standardization 25.05.2015.
The activities of the Technical Committee are supervised and managed by the Oil Shale Competence Center to develop sectoral standards.
The purpose of the creation of the Committee:
- to identify industry standardization needs,
- update current existing standards,
- create new original standards,
- share best practices with recognized experts
- and develop international cooperation.
EVS/TC 57 scope: oil shale mining and processing technologies, production of shale oil and oil shale chemistry, oil shale energy, treatment of residual substance and waste products
Standardization Technical Committee EVS/TC 57 „Processing oil shale and oil shale product“ work programme:
EVS/TC 57 Committee members:
- Estonian Environmental Research Centre
- Viru Keemia Grupp AS
- Eesti Energia AS
- Kiviõli Keemiatööstuse OÜ
- Tallinn University of Technology
- Oil Shale Competence Center of TUT Virumaa College
- Estonian Mining Society/ MTÜ Eesti Mäeselts
Oil Shale Competence Center provides assistance and consultancy to businesses in
- drafting sectoral standards,
- the preparation of working groups for compilation of standard draft by the EVS/TC 57 "Processing oil shale and oil shale product".
The intention to compile a standard draft is to inform the Technical Committee in order to enable the drafting of the standard to be included into the work programme.