Selected Invited Talks etc.
- Placeholder for future updates
- On 5 June 2018, the COEL ERA-Chair holder, Muhammad Mahtab Alam, participated in the 16th Technical Committee Meeting of ETSI SmartBAN Standard in Geneva, Switzerland. This marks the beginning of our contributions to the on-going ETSI SmartBAN standardization effort; this will not only allow us to showcase the competences developped through the COEL project but will also give us the opportunity to network and collaborate with worldwide experts.
- On 9 May 2018, the COEL ERA-Chair holder, Muhammad Mahtab Alam chaired the RACT-5G-IoT workshop (organized as part of the COEL project) during the ANT 2018 conference in Porto, Portugal.
- Hassan Malik presented the paper “Evaluation of Low Power Wide Area Network Technologies for Smart Urban Drainage Systems” at the IEEE International Environmental Engineering Conference, Milan (12th-14th March 2018). During the conference, Hassan Malik had the chance to meet Prof. Vincenzo Piuri running for IEEE President-Election 2019 and had a good conversation on United Nations initiatives for achieving sustainable development goals through communication and computing. Hassan Malik also got the chance to listened to different speaker and distinguished engineer; George Maeakafa, Christ's University in Pacific, Tonga, Lavinia Amorosi, CNIT - National Inter-University Consortium for Telecommunications, Italy and Yotam Ariel, CEO for Bluefield. These lectures are useful for understanding the current vision and latest state-of-the-art research/technologies on Energy-Efficient systems for 5G and low-cost approaches to emissions monitoring to enable future sustainable development.
- Muhidul Islam Khan presented the paper “Cooperative Reinforcement Learning based Adaptive Power Allocation in Device to Device Communication” at the IEEE Internet of Things (IoT) World Forum, Singapore (5th February-8th February 2018). During the conference, Muhidul Islam Khan also listened to expert plenary speakers, including Tim Hahn, IBM distinguished engineer; Jan Rabaey, distinguished professor, University of California at Berkeley and Bill Ruh, CEO for GE Digital. These lectures are really useful for understanding the current vision and latest state-of-the-art research/technologies on IBM Watson IoT, Swarm intelligence in IoT platform and cloud-based platform for the industrial internet. Muhidul Islam Khan have also chaired a
particular session of this world forum on “IoT Enabling Technologies”.
- The COEL ERA-Chair holder, Muhammad Mahtab Alam, and the COEL EAR-Chair Project Manager Alvar Kurrel participated in the first Widening Day, Brussels, Belgium, on Wednesday 08 November 2017. Organized by the European Commission DG RTD, the event gathered all three Widening actions in Europe - ERA CHAIRS (FP7 and Horizon 2020), TWINNING and TEAMING (phase 2) - in the aim to create a WIDENING COMMUNITY.
- Muhammad Mahtab Alam, COEL ERA-Chair holder, gave a talk during the KIKK Festival 2017, and participated in the related TEKK Tour Digital Wallonia 2017, 2-7 November 2017, Namur, Belgium.
- The COEL ERA-Chair holder, Muhammad Mahtab Alam, gave an invited talk titled "Wearable Wireless Networks – From Theory to Practice" at IEEE COMSOC Summer School, 11-14 July 2017, Lahore, Pakistan.
-Saboor, A.; Ahmad, R.; Ahmed, W.; Kiani, A. K; Le Moullec, Y.; Alam, M. M., "On Research Challenges in Hybrid Medium Access Control Protocols for IEEE 802.15.6 WBANs" IEEE Sensors Journal, 2019, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8550762
- Hassan Malik; Haris Pervaiz; Muhammad Mahtab Alam; Yannick Le Moullec; Alar Kuusik; Muhammad Ali Imran, "Radio Resource Management Scheme in NB-IoT Systems", IEEE Access, 2018, Full text (open access): http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8306882/
- Maham Waheed; Rizwan Ahmad; Waqas Ahmed; Micheal Drieberg; Muhammad Mahtab Alam, "Towards Efficient Wireless Body Area Network Using Two-Way Relay Cooperation", MDPI Sensors 18(2), Full text (open access): http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/18/2/565
- Gupta, Anindya; Saar, Tõnis; Märtens, Olev; Le Moullec, Yannick, "Unsupervised Feature Mapping via Stacked Sparse Autoencoder for Automated Detection of Large Pulmonary nodules in CT Images", Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 23(6), 2017, full text (open access): http://eejournal.ktu.lt/index.php/elt/article/download/19695/9165
- ... To be updated
All publications from Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics (including works not directly supported by the COEL project) can be found by clicking here.