|Educate and Train emerging Challenges: Internet of Things|
Taking the education of IoT to VET, C-VET and universities.
The project is addressing the EU objective VET: Enhancing access to training and qualifications for all through the C-VET and horizontal objective Open and innovative education, training and youth work, embedded in the digital era. The project idea is to offer an innovative Internet of Things (IoT) teaching and learning package for vocational education incorporated with teacher training modules and an open broker platform.
Overall objectives of the project are as followings:
- Provide easy-to-use and easy-to-teach modular IoT kits for VET schools scaling also higher educational institutions
- Offering an open IoT broker platform that can be hosted on premise. To this platform IoT components and web based services can be registered too, offering simple chains of conditional statements controlling other registered components / services
- Increasing the involvement of VET schools in emerging technologies by providing teachers training (blended learning through MooCs and presence) in IoT
- Providing open learning material for IoT education in class
Project consortium is carefully built up based on existing successful cooperation and to meet project objectives by covering all major areas of strategic partnership between different organizations. The partners and their main responsibilities are:
Bochum UAS: Coordination, IoT MOOC, IoT broker system
- it:matters: Coordination and IoT broker development, open education
- ITT Group: IoT hardware development and interfacing
- Tallinn University of Technology: VET training curriculum module,
- Web Application Development: IoT broker system
- Consorzio Istituti Professionali: Pilot the IoT teaching package and providing feedback
- Glocal Factory: Dissemination and network building