- Teadustegevus teemade lõikes (ETIS)
- Biomeditsiinitehnika keskus osaleb Eesti teaduse tippkeskuses EXCITE
- Integreeritud elektroonikasüsteemide ja biomeditsiinitehnika tippkeskus CEBE
Work Ability and Social Inclusion
Good leadership is essential in maintaining sufficient work ability, decreasing unnecessary stress and productivity in organisations. These days, a lot of people in the Central Baltic region work in the ICT business, which uses modern technology in abundance. The technology can be a stress factor in itself but it can also have indirect impacts, such as producing very tight timetables or a high number of meetings.
The WASI project offers organisations that function particularly in the ICT sector the means and tools to improve working abilities and well-being at work by stress management and good leadership, thus contributing to the sustainability of work ability in the Baltic Sea region.
The project includes a survey which updates the current problems and needs in organisations and individuals as well as in the surrounding society. The survey is followed by intervention which includes work ability seminars, work place evaluations, structural solutions, organisational solutions and lifestyle guidance. The third part is the evaluation of the results of intervention and economic analysis as cost-benefit calculations.
Priority 3: Attractive and dynamic societies
Central Baltic Programme
Start: beginning of 5/2011
Closure: end of 12/2013
Total number of months: 32
Tallinn University of Technology
Riga Stradina University
- P. Tint, A. Traumann, V. Pille, V.-R. Tuulik-Leisi and V. Tuulik Computer users ’ health risks caused by the simultaneous influence of inadequate indoor climate and monotonous work
International Scientific Conference "Biosystems Engineering" 10.-11.05.2012 Institute of Technology Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tartu.
24.11.2014 The WASI report is published and available.
10.12.2013 Seminar: Work Ability and Social Inclusion
- Kalju Meigas "Work Ability and Social Inclusion WASI Project 05.2011 – 12.2013"
- Jukka Surakka "WASI – Work Ability and Social Inclusion"
- Jukka Piipo "WASI – follow-up interviews “Life before and after Kasnäs”
- Inese Martinsone "WASI Results- LATVIA"
- Piia Tint "The unconvinient indoor climate as a stress factor for computer-workers"
- Viive Pille "Musculoskeletal disorders by computer workers"
- Viiu Tuulik "Work Ability and Social inclusion project in TTU"
04.10.2012 Seminar: Well-being at work with focus on leadership and stress management.
- Kalju Meigas, Viiu Tuulik, Kristel Oha "Role of Psyhosocial Factors in Occupational Stress by Computer Workers" (ppt, 3.7 MB)
- Viive Pille "Musculoskeletal disorders and occupational stress of computer workers" (ppt, 3.2 MB)
- Piia Tint, Viiu Tuulik "Computer Computerusers’ health risks caused by the simultaneous influence of inadequate indoor climateand monotonouswork" (pdf. 0.6 MB)