U.S. Department of State Acting Assistant Secretary Judith Garber’s visited TTU Mektory
On the 22nd of October 2015 Acting Assistant Secretary of U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES) Ms Judith Garber’s visited TTU Mektory.
Ms Judith Garber was welcomed in Mektory by TTU Vice-Rector for innovation and international relations Ms Tea Varrak. On the occasion of Acting Assistant Secretary's visit to Estonia, the U.S. Embassy, in cooperation with Tallinn University of Technology Innovation and business centre Mektory and the Stockholm Environment Institute – Tallinn Center, arranged a panel of experts to discuss how technology can be used to address global environmental challenges. Panelists shared their best practices from Estonia and the United States, including examples of public-private partnerships.
The list of Panelists:
- Judith Garber, Assistant Secretary of State for Oceans, Environment, and International Science and Technology
- Beverli DeWalt, Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy, U.S. Department of State
- Sulev Nõmmann, Senior Expert, Stockholm Environment Institute – Tallinn Center
- Dave Sohier, Director, Office of Ocean and Polar Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Jüri Elken, Professor of Oceanography, Tallinn University of Technology
- Olavi Tammemäe, Environmental Manager, Eesti Energia
- Marit Sall, CleanTech Project Manager, Estonian Development Fund