Mektory monthly Startup Q & A: AddGoals
Mektory monthly StartUp Q & A: AddGoals
TUT Mektory has many young and interesting Startups, who are based in our centre. They all do different things, have fantastic and enthusiastic people in their teams and they all have a story to share and perhaps inspire others around the world with their experiences so far on their entrepreneurship journey.
We will be interviewing each Startup we have in Mektory, every month. In this monthly Startup Q & A, we are excited to introduce you to AddGoals. What they do and who they are? Find out in the interview.
If you have any questions or comments about what you read or what opportunities Mektory offers, we would love to hear your thoughts, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. To start off, what is it exactly that your Startup does?
AddGoals is a social platform, which helps people to reach their goals. AddGoals gives the opportunity to handle all possible goals in one place. Platform is playful and attractive since it supports goals reaching process with managing habits, challenges and competitions where all your friends can be involved!
2. At whom is your Startup aimed?
Our target group is active young people at age 18-35, who are willing to achieve more in their lives.
3. Where did the idea for the Startup come from?
It started with personal needs to take more out of our lives. Dreams and thoughts were written down, but the question how to really catch them was not answered. Talking with our team members, we met the same problems all over and over again and there was not a satisfying solution on market. So we decided to go for it by ourselves.
4. Did you have any concerns when starting your business, if so what were they?
1. How to do it? How to find people who can realize all our ideas?
2. How to make money out of it? From where to collect money in order to reach break-even point?
3. Is this idea attractive to people? Does it repay all the time and money invested?
5. What is your business background, and what got you interested in Startups?
Most of our team members have acquired their first entrepreneurship skills from student organization BEST-Estonia. In addition, we have gathered know-how through Mestre Network, where we perform different IT-solutions for start-ups and other organizations.
Start-up as lifestyle grew out from experience of student organizations, where we could realize very own ideas and see how they satisfy clients.
6. How long has your business been in the making, and who is the team behind the business.
First steps by AddGoals were made during New Year’s period of 2013/2014. Idea of AddGoals itself is simple, but to create universal solution that meets different personality types needs, has been quite challenging and that is why our website structure and strategy has been adapted and changed during that time.
7. How do you raise funding for your company?
At the moment we are in FFF phase (founders, friends & family).
8. What has been your greatest achievement so far?
Since our product for marketing will be released in June then by now we are satisfied with our team, preparation progress and results of intermediate stages. Also, we have received feedback via Facebook (5000+ likes) that there is interest for such topic.
9. Where do you see AddGoals in 1 year and then in 5 years?
In 5 years we would like to be the most recognized personal goals’ managing platform with highest amount of users.
In 1 year platform with more than 1 million users.
10. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
User-friendly website layout. There are lots of wishes for functionalities, which should be flexible for different use-cases. At the same time for positive emotions clean style is also needed. So in the current stage UX is really a challenge.
11. How does your Startup stand out against its competitors? Or do you have any competitors?
We stand out with our strategy. Most platforms concentrate on just personal goals managing, staying there alone with their functionalities. We concentrate on people, their possibilities to cooperate and communicate.
12. In the coming year, what would you like to achieve with your business?
We would like to raise investments in order to finish our idea and start with global marketing.
13. What has been your most valuable lesson so far since starting your business? Looking back, is there something you would do differently?
Involve and communicate with your target audience since the very first phase. Also organize tests to understand their interests and actions. The earlier you start with those the sooner you get answer if this problem and need is there and how strong it is. Absent IT solution is not an excuse, it is always possible to solve it manually. In case of us we organized trainings, which gave as relevant feedback about that business field, needs and problems people face.
14. What do you think about Mektory innovation and business centre?
A great place where students of TUT can test and prototype their ideas. Equipment, rooms and positive environment is given, further is up to you.
15. What has being a startup in Mektory given you?
Our ideas have become reality. It is a great pleasure to dream about start-up, but it is overwhelming to actually make it true. Mektory has helped us to overcome this very first, yet the highest barrier.
16. What do you like most about Mektory?
Positive and inspiring atmosphere- this house itself, staff, visitors, other students and start-ups.
17. Finally, if you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking about starting a business, what would it be?
Come to Mektory, visit us and other start-ups and ask as many questions as possible. We can (hopefully) give you helpful information about how it would be most efficient way to realize your ideas. By inventing on your own will end up with repeating the same mistakes all over again, decreases motivation and takes a lot more time to succeed. Discussing ideas about 5 minutes with someone who has had the same circumstances can already give some results and we will be more than glad to help!