Announcement of the 2018 Development Competition of Tallinn University of Technology
Rector's Order No. 1-9/176 of 6.12.2018 announced the Development Competition 2018 of Tallinn University of Technology.
In order to participate in the development competition, please make a motivated submission of up to 2 pages in free form in accordance with Section 14 of the Recognition and Insignia Regulation to the Innovation and Business Centre no later than 18 January 2019.
§ 14. Announcement of the development of the year
(1) Members and research groups of the university may participate in the development of the year competition. Each person or research group has the right to participate with one research.
(2) A motivated submission shall be made to participate in the competition. Additionally, a private or public sector appraisal on the research application performance using the research results and statements of the research findings in the media can be presented.
(3) Development must be:
1) completed successfully within the year of the announcement of the competition or in the calendar year preceding it;
2) novel and its results aimed at increasing the competitiveness of the economy and to be applied or already applied in production or service.
(4) An expert committee assessing development is using the following criteria:
1) the result of the development is a new applied knowledge (product, technology, service, etc.) developed at the university, or the emergence of new, development or improvement of existing business activities;
2) a contract between a university and another person has been concluded on the development or use of a product, technology or service;
3) a development or its results are published in a peer reviewed scientific publication.
(5) The committee has the right not to take into account all the criteria listed in paragraph 4 when assessing a development and, if necessary, to ask applicants for further information.
(6) The rules of procedure of the expert committee shall be determined by agreement between the members of the committee.
The development of the year is selected by an expert committee formed by the Director of the Innovation and Business Centre of Tallinn University of Technology, which confirms the results on February 8, 2019.
Make your submissions to participate in the competition out to:
TalTech Innovation and Business Centre Mektory
Krista Arro, Project-Manager of Entrepreneurship Coordination
krista dot arro at taltech dot ee