Mihkel Aitsam Scholarship for students in the I study cycle
The Mihkel Aitsam memorial scholarship (hereinafter referred to as scholarship) has been established by the Foundation of Tallinn University of Technology Development Fund (hereinafter referred to as TTÜ Development Fund), Inc. Harju Elekter, Inc. Telia Eesti and Inc. Silberauto (hereinafter co-referred to as bankrollers).
The purpose of the scholarship is foremost, as originated from the lifework of Mihkel Aitsam, to support and predispose the degree studies of students with special needs.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- The candidate is matriculated in TTÜ;
- The candidate has disability or other special need that causes/can cause extra expenditures in the process of acquisition of education;
- The candidate has good achievements in studies;
- The candidate has deep interest in his/her speciality.
The scholarship is allocated for at least one first study cycle student. The amount of the scholarship for Sholarship is 1300 EUR (single payment).
The recipient will be nominated in process of voting by 5 member scholarship committee which comprises of:
- The representatives of bankrollers;
- The representatives of TTÜ Development Fund;
- The specialist of the field of special needs in TUT or a person appointed by him/her.
The member of the scholarship committee will not vote if he/she or a person related to him/her could have direct or indirect conflict of interest in relation with the result of decision when reasonably supposed. The scholarship committee has the right not to allocate the scholarship.
The applying and nomination of the scholarship comes about in open competition.
To apply for the scholarship the candidate shall submit the following signed documents to the Management Board of TTU Development Fund: (digitally signed):
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcript of Records (Dean’s Office);
- A recommendation letter from at least one member of teaching staff of TUT or other recommendation letters, acknowledgements, diplomas at choice of the candidate.
The Scholarship will be remitted ceremonially by Estonian Union of Persons with Mobility Impairment.
Any possible problems related to nomination of the scholarship will be solved by the scholarship committee (informing also the Council of TTÜ Development Fund). The decision of Scholarship Committee is final and is not subject to dispute.