Rickard Kruusberg “Adventure through studies” Scholarship!”
Rickard Kruusberg scholarship “Adventure through studies” is intended for three students of TalTech, who want to attend various summer schools or international continuing education courses on their own initiative. The scholarship encourages the students to be entrepreneurial and resourceful in their road to education as well as later in life. The scholarship has been established in memory of a talented student, deer son, faithful friend and passionate adventurer Rickard Kruusberg. With his strong academic background he was always gliding towards new challenges.
"I did not have the slightest idea what opportunities might open up or where I would end up after graduation from the university. Nevertheless, I was excited, because I came here, above all, to acquire education and to explore the depth of science... I soon realized that there is much more to the learning process than mere dry science." This is how Rickard himself described his road to education.
This scholarship does not set any limitations to speciality, level of education or field of continuing education. Active bachelor's, master's and doctoral students seeking support for their extracurricular self-improvement are welcome to apply.
A student must meet the following requirements:
- he or she is matriculated at TalTech and is not on an academic leave at the time of the submission of the application;
- he or she has no arrears of tuition fees (except for duly justified cases);
- his or her weighted average grade must be at least 3.5;
The source of funding of the scholarship is the amount transferred to the Development Fund of TalTech by the sponsor*. In autumn 2018, the sponsors of the scholarships are: the European Innovation Academy, Swedbank and Tiina Mõis.
The amount of the scholarship is 1500 euros and it will be paid as a one-time payment. An agreement will be entered into with the scholarship recipient according to which:
- the scholarship recipient shall present the continuing education diploma no later than nine months after awarding of the scholarship;
- after completing a continuing education course the scholarship recipient shall share his or her experience in public in the form of an article, blog, etc.
Application for and awarding of the scholarship takes place by way of a public competition. A competition is announced in the university newspaper Mente et Manu, on the website of the Development Fund and in at least one national daily newspaper no later than one month before the deadline for submission of applications.
In order to apply for the scholarship, the candidates shall submit the following to the Management Board of the Development Fund (in a digitally signed form):
- a motivation letter in 400 words maximum specifying the reasons why the candidate wants to attend the continuing education course;
- a brief description of the continuing education course and/or a link to the official page or information page of the course;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a transcript of records (from the Dean’s Office);
The Management Board of the Development Fund registers the applications for the scholarship and arranges submission of the documents to the sponsor's scholarship committee. The scholarship committee makes the final selection based on the submitted documents. The selected candidates may be invited to an interview on the proposal of the scholarship committee.
- When making a decision, the scholarship committee takes into account:
- the student's motivation to attend the desired continuing education course;
- the student's academic performance;
- active attitude in life.
The Council Board of the Development Fund approves the scholarship recipient on the proposal of the scholarship committee. The scholarship will be paid to the bank account notified to the Management Board of the Development Fund by the scholarship recipient.
All potential problems related to awarding of the scholarship shall be solved by the Council Board of the Development Fund.
*The scholarship may be sponsored by organisations or individuals who want to commemorate the passionate adventurer Rickard Kruusberg and to contribute to the development of the students of TalTech by encouraging them to be entrepreneurial and resourceful in their road to education as well as later in life