ICT thesis contest 2019
June 18, preliminary agenda
The competition takes place for the seventh time, including all the School of IT specialities.
ICT thesis competition scholarship fund is 4300€. The scholarship fund is co-financed by Study IT in Estonia Programme. Each category winner is awarded with a scholarship of 500€ (exception is the BSc* level software category). The special prize is 200€ for BSc* and 300€ for MSc. In addition, Cybernetica-named scholarship worth of 500€, Swedbank-named scholarship worth of 500€, Scoro-named scholarship worth of 300€ and Eesti Energia-named scholarships worth of 200€ (Bachelor's studies) and 300€ (Master's studies) will be granted.
- acknowledge thesis writers for their academic accomplishments;
- introduce the process of thesis defence;
- involve as many students as possible in the audience, to give them a possibility to gather inspiration for writing their own thesis;
- introduce the themes and level of students’ theses to companies;
- give good opportunities for companies and students to meet and discuss potential collaboration possibilities.
- May 21st - June 14th – period for submitting formal application and thesis*;
- no later than June 17th - organizers announce who has qualified (or not qualified) to the final stage;
- June 17th – submit defense speech slideshow digitally to iktkonkurss at taltech dot ee;
- June 18th – ICT thesis contest (final stage).
- Documents (application and thesis) should be submitted via TalTech Development Fund’s web form ((application can be submitted starting from May 21st).
- The documents must be in pdf format and named as follows: “first name_last name_thesis/presentation”.
For further details see the terms of participation here!
* An application is deemed to be accepted if the thesis has received a recommendation to participate in the competition from the defense committee (see the terms of participation, clause 4).