CAISE'18 Blockchain Symposium
Symposium on Information Systems Engineering in Industry: Blockchain- and Smart-Contract Applications and Projects
The symposium targets industry and academics who are interested in blockchain technology and smart contracts for complex system applications. Examples are e-governance, logistics, smart production, e-healthcare, and so on. Specifically Estonia has contributed to the creation of sophisticated e-governance systems and also offers these systems internationally via the e-Residency program that rests on the Estonian service bus called X-Road. However, the next level of inovation is driven by smart contracts using blockchains for inter-organizational collaborations. The objective is to explore in this industry event international projects options between industry and academia. Consequently, we focus with the symposium in a panel-session style about this novel trend of using blockchain technology and smart contracts for large-scale e-governance systems and invite participants to take part in the following program.
|09:15-10:30||Keynote by Siim Sikkut from the Estonian e-Governance Academy|
|10:40-12:20||Panel 1: Blockchain technology and e-governance disruptions|
|12:30-13:00||Demo sessions ongoing EU-project presentations and networking.|
|14:00-15:30||Panel 2: Improving collaboration processes using smart contracts|
|16:00-16:30||Demo sessions ongoing EU-project presentations and networking.|
|16:30-18:00||Panel 3: Smart contracts using multi-agent systems and artificial intelligence|
The objective is to create interdisciplinary discussions for each panel sessions. Each panel will comprise 6 experts who introduce themselves respectively and answer initial questions posed by the moderator, followed by answering questions from the audience.
- Business professionals and academics wanting to understand and influence the practical applications of the discussed technologies.
- EU/industry project members who want to learn about other projects or want to get in touch with colleagues in order to elaborate on common interests and possible future collaborations.
- Researchers interested in requirements on information systems engineering stemming from industry
We seek contributions for the demo session and ongoing EU-project presentations. For those we plan to offer presentation booths that accepted demos and projects may prepare individually. Furthermore, we kindly request sponsors for the industry event who who will be listed on the event website and who aim for initiating innovative blockchain-based projects.
Submission deadline for demos and ongoing EU-project presentations: March 4, 2018:
Acceptance notification: April 10, 2018
Day of industry event: June 14, 2018
- Alex Norta, Tallinn University of Technology, Large-Scale-Systems Grou
- Benjamin Leiding, University of Göttingen, Institute of Computer Science
- Dirk Draheim, Tallinn University of Technology, Large-Scale-Systems Group