- Start-up pre-incubation program started again on the 19th of February, 2018 with a launch event in the TTÜ Tudengimaja (TTÜ Student House)
- Target group: all students from Universities, Applied Science Universities, Vocational Schools, High Schools
- 3-month start-up idea development program (Febr- May) - trainings, lectures, workshops, mentor meetings and events
- Financed by governmental EU Social Funds, sponsored by companies
- Mentors from companies, coaches from TTÜ
- Evaluation of start-up team and idea development
- Next step: start-up competitions and incubators
TTÜ Mektory Startup Competition 2017
TTÜ Mektory STARTERtech program finals and TTÜ Mektory Startup Competition 2017 - took place on the 06th of December and 15 best teams (out of 56) selected by the jury in the preliminary rounds on the 4th of December were pitching their ideas there.
(Pitching - each team had 3 minutes to pitch their idea to the jury panel and 3 minutes for questions and answers with the jury.)
1) Angel Investor, Advisor, Social Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Elisabeth P Fullerton
2) Teraloop OY: Petri Saarinen
3) ERGO Insurance SE: Evelin Mitt
4) Teder Law Firm: Mariana Hagström
5) Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol: Jaak Raie
6) Harry & Reba Huge Foundation: Yrjö Ojasaar
7) Enterprise Estonia – Andrus Viirg
- GRAND PRIX – Business development award of 1000 eur by Tallinn Enterprise Department - EHARV
- SECOND PRIZE - free office space in TTÜ Mektory for 6 month (incl mentoring and coaching) - STEPCHARGE
- THIRD PRIZE - study trip to Silicon Valley - ARTISUN
- The BEST STARTERtech team - participation at the STARTER program finals at sTARTUp Day - ARTISUN
- The SECOND BEST STARTERtech team -participation at the STARTER program finals at sTARTUp Day- EASY CNC
- Prototron Special Prize (TOP40) - MANUFILTERY
- Tehnopol Startup Incubator Special Prize (free incubation program for 6 months) - ARTISUN
- Avokaado Special Prize (business package subscription for 1 year) - STEPCHARGE
- Grant Thornton Special Prize (4 hours of tax and financial advisory consultations) - BIZADVI
- Harry&Reba Foundation Special Prize - participation in network Globally, Act Locally (NGAL4) program in June in Estonia and in the USA - ARTISUN and STEPCHARGE
- Latitude59 Special Prize (tickets for 3 team members to participate at startup&tech conference Latitude59 in 2018 - STEPCHARGE
Congratulations to all winners! Big thanks to all supporters and cooperation partners: Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, Tallinn Enterprise Department, ERGO Insurance, Teder Law Firm, Avokaado, Grant Thronton, Tehnopol Incubator, Prototron, Harry&Reba Huge Foundation, Latitude59!
See you again in February, 2018!
- Target group: start-up teams from the competition or pre-incubation
- Free office in Mektory
- Participation in trainings and lectures, information about different financing opportunities
- Supporting activities (laboratories, meeting rooms, technical support, advice)
- Possibility to meet and get introduced with investors, funds, international delegations
- Possibility to mentor, coach and train others – students, school children and teachers
- Mektory is a link between investors, accelerators and incubators
TTÜ Mektory STARTERtech Advanced
The finals - TTÜ Mektory STARTERtech Advanced Demo Day 2017 - took place on the 25th of May and 8 best teams selected by the jury in the preliminary rounds were pitching their ideas there.
Time: 25th of May 2017 16.00-18.00
Venue: Kultuurikatel, Tallinn Creative Hub, Põhja pst 27A, Tallinn
Finalists: 8 best start-ups from the preliminary rounds on 22nd of May
Pitching - each team had 3 minutes to pitch their idea to the jury panel and 3 minutes for questions and answers with the jury.
The dream jury:
1. Elisabeth P Fullerton - Angel Investor, Advisor, Social Entrepreneur, Philanthropist
2. Margus Uudam - karma VC
3. Olli Rissanen - Wave Ventures
4. Petri Saarinen - Chief Development Officer - Teraloop Oy
5. Rain Rannu - Fortumo
6. Sean Percival - American Investor and Entrepreneur
7. Sven Illing - Buildit
8. Veikko Maripuu - Head Capital
- GRAND PRIX – participation in The University Startup World Cup 2017 (September 18-22, 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark) - ETHICO FOODS
- "24h of Free Investor Mentoring” from Head Capital - ELCONS and FUSIONPEDAL
- Legal Consultation from Teder LawFirm - ELCONS
- Wave Ventures Special Prize (private dinner with Finnish investors) - MOLEQL
- Ajujaht Special Prize (Ajujaht TOP100 in 2017/2018) - LAPS KOOLI
- Prototron Special Prize (TOP40) - MORPHO VR
- Development Award of 1000 EUR from Tallinn Enterprise Department and Veebimajutus.ee - LAPS KOOLI
Congratulations to all winners!
International business development program - Network Globally, Act Locally (NGAL)
NGAL is an intensive hands-on business development program for early stage student teams. Program starts with the bootcamp in Estonia (1 week in Tartu, 1 Week in Tallinn) and ends with a camp in Charleston, USA. At the final day teams pitch to judges, Charleston-area entrepreneurs, and the best teams will be awarded.
From Tallinn University of Technology 4 students representing 2 teams will be selected.
katre dot purga at ttu dot ee