TTÜ Mektory STARTERtech program finals and TTÜ Mektory Startup Competition 2017 - took place on the 06th of December and 15 best teams (out of 56) selected by the jury in the preliminary rounds on the 4th of December were pitching their ideas there.
Time: 06th of December 2017 18.00-21.00
Venue: TTÜ Mektory, Raja 15, Tallinn
Finalists: 15 best start-ups from the preliminary rounds on the 4th of December
Pitching - each team had 3 minutes to pitch their idea to the jury panel and 3 minutes for questions and answers with the jury.
1) Angel Investor, Advisor, Social Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Elisabeth P Fullerton
2) Teraloop OY: Petri Saarinen
3) ERGO Insurance SE: Evelin Mitt
4) Teder Law Firm: Mariana Hagström
5) Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol: Jaak Raie
6) Harry & Reba Huge Foundation: Yrjö Ojasaar
7) Enterprise Estonia – Andrus Viirg
- GRAND PRIX – Business development award of 1000 eur by Tallinn Enterprise Department - EHARV
- SECOND PRIZE - free office space in TTÜ Mektory for 6 month (incl mentoring and coaching) - STEPCHARGE
- THIRD PRIZE - study trip to Silicon Valley - ARTISUN
- The BEST STARTERtech team - participation at the STARTER program finals at sTARTUp Day - ARTISUN
- The SECOND BEST STARTERtech team -participation at the STARTER program finals at sTARTUp Day- EASY CNC
- Prototron Special Prize (TOP40) - MANUFILTERY
- Tehnopol Startup Incubator Special Prize (free incubation program for 6 months) - ARTISUN
- Avokaado Special Prize (business package subscription for 1 year) - STEPCHARGE
- Grant Thornton Special Prize (4 hours of tax and financial advisory consultations) - BIZADVI
- Harry&Reba Foundation Special Prize - participation in network Globally, Act Locally (NGAL4) program in June in Estonia and in the USA - ARTISUN and STEPCHARGE
- Latitude59 Special Prize (tickets for 3 team members to participate at startup&tech conference Latitude59 in 2018 - STEPCHARGE
Congratulations to all winners! Big thanks to all supporters and cooperation partners: Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, Tallinn Enterprise Department, ERGO Insurance, Teder Law Firm, Avokaado, Grant Thronton, Tehnopol Incubator, Prototron, Harry&Reba Huge Foundation, Latitude59!
See you again in February, 2018!
The annual TTÜ Mektory Start-up Competition is over for this year!
There were 62 startup ideas submitted to the competition, they all pitched in front of international Jury. The 16 finalists were:
- Reflector Buddy
- Music Wall Street
- Vulcan Technologies
- Medical Diagnostics
The Winners of the competition were:
Grand Prix - V.E.P. (Visual Engineering Production)
Second Prize – TitanGrid
Third Place + Second Best STARTERtech team – Avionica
Inspiration prize – TarkEnergia
The Best STARTERtech team - MoleQL
Special prize from Teder Law Firm – Medical Diagnostics
Special prize from Tehnopol Startup Incubator - PacKing
TTÜ Mektory Startup Competition Jury Members:
Honorary Chairman: Bravo Healthcare OÜ: Rakesh Pandey
Chairman: Seattle Angel Conference: John Sechrest
Sponsor: ERGO Insurance SE: Andres Konsap
Sponsor: Teder Law Firm: Mariana Hagström
Head Capital: Veikko Maripuu
Starup Wise Guys: Calum Cameron
Harry Huge Foundation: Yrjö Ojasaar
Tallinna Teaduspark Tehnopol: Jaak Raie
Over 400 students took part in TTU Startup course, as introduction to the competition. A total of 59 onepagers were submitted to the competition, with team members from Finland, Albania, France, Georgia, Ukraine, Nigeria, USA, Germany, Egypt, Turkey, Slovakia, Estonia and other countries.