The rules and how to participate
The next annual TTÜ Mektory Startup Competition will be held in December 2018!
How to participate?
The goal of Mektory Start-up Competition is to provide participants with the skills and experiences needed for a real world early-stage start-up. Your success in the competition depends on how you can convince potential investors (the judges) to invest in you.
Make the onepager (executive summary) as you would present to an investor.
Taking part in the TTÜ Mektory STARTERtech program is not mandatory. You can enter your work without attending any, but attending will help you understand what we expect of you. Not to mention you will learn things.
1. Overall rules
- A team must consist of 2-5 members
- At least 50% of team members must be students
- One team member must be from Tallinn University of Technology or the team has taken part in STARTERtech pre-incubation program.
- 3 minutes to pitch in front of the Jury - pitching is in English
- You can use slides!
2. The written part
- The Onepager (also known as Executive Summary) - one A4 page detailing your idea clearly and effectively. Must be usable alone as means of promotion. Can be designed to look like promotional material. Aim your onepager at investors.
- We expect the written part in English.
Vital information that should be covered:
- The problem - what is it and who has it.
- The solution - how are you going to fix the problem. Why is your solution new and innovative.
- The market - how big is the potential market, what market share do you predict.
- The team - who do you have on the team, why is your team the best for solving your problem. What are the roles.
- Contact information - if someone gets interested, you want them to be able to contact you.
3. The Pitch
- You have a total of 3 minutes in front of the judges. That time needs to contain your pitch and questions by the jury. Make your pitch last 2...3 minutes, no more. Questions are often more important. You may use slides, if you want to. Slides must be static (no transitions, no videos, etc).
- All teams have to pitch in preliminary rounds, 15 teams will be chosen for the finals.
Mektory retains the right to change the rules at any time, without prior warning. But we do not intend to. Mektory retains the right to interpret the rules as Mektory sees fit.