The event of Student Summer Games XVIII (hereinafter the “Games”) is a summer athletic-entertaining event, which is open to all students from the universities and colleges, as well as youthful and sports-oriented alumni.
The Games are designed to provide all participants with intensive athletic and relaxing entertainment programme. To popularise both collective and individual recreational sports among students.
Time and place
The Games will take place in the territory of Kääriku Sports Centre from 29th June - 1st July 2018.
All students and employees from the Estonian and foreign universities and colleges can participate, provided that they follow the instructions of the Games and the maintenance rules. All participants represent their university or college. The team may include students and alumni from the same university or college.
People are expected to arrive in Kääriku starting from 29 June at 10.00.
Transport and parking
All participants are responsible for their arrival themselves. Common transport, a bus is also organised by TTÜ. Participants are allowed to only park their personal cars to the agreed and accordingly marked car parking lots. Upon arrival, the participants’ cars will be marked with parking stickers.
The organisers will arrange a fenced tent camp along the coast of Lake Kääriku, where all participants who have paid the participation fee may put their tents (all required for camping must be taken along by the participants).
The organisers will arrange six meals in the diner of Kääriku Sports Centre: dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Catering is only provided on the basis of a wristband and a meal card.
The three best athletes/teams of every individual and team sport will be awarded prizes given by the organisers and sponsors. The athlete/team who has won the first place shall be awarded the master cup of the Student Summer Games XVIII. The best university or college in the competition between the universities and colleges will be awarded the challenge cup. Upon ending the Games, the most valuable representative of each university or college shall be recognised with the special cup of the Student Summer Games XVIII (the universities and colleges shall select the most valuable representative among themselves).
In addition to the best university cup, the Games also belong to the ranking of #YliSport Activity Cup and the challenge cup of the most active university or college shall be awarded. The most active university is a university with its representatives participating in the competitions in the most active manner (also entertainment sports are considered). Each participant earns one activity point for the university or college.
The awarding ceremonies shall take place at scheduled times at the end of each competition day. The organisers shall also have the right to award raffle and special prizes. The encouragement prizes ensured by the universities or colleges shall be awarded in cooperation with the organisers at the end of the Games. Upon breaking records, special prizes shall be awarded.
All game participants must pay the participation fee for the Games.
The participation fee includes: place in a camping site surrounded by a fence (provided that you have your own tent), parking spot in the closed parking lot of the Games, six meals, participation in the sports and entertainment programme.
NB! The number of participants of the Summer Games is limited! The first 1,500 who have registered and paid their participation fee shall obtain the right to participate.
· until 31 March – € 39
· 1 April–22 June – € 49
· on site – € 59
General information to participants
All participants of each competition must follow the general instructions of competitions, the general instructions of individual competitions, the general instructions of team competitions, and the instructions of competitions. All instructions are available on the website at www.ylisport.ee. On site, the instructions shall be available on the information stands located in the competition areas. All team representatives shall have the right to receive a copy for each sport from the competition secretariat.
· The participants of each area shall be responsible for their health condition. The organisers have ensured first aid. Lifeguards will be present.
· Please remain sober once you decide to participate. The referees of competition shall have the right to eliminate intoxicated participants. Drinking alcohol in public places and at public events, as well as in places not intended for this, is prohibited by the laws of the Republic of Estonia. Alcohol consumption is forbidden at the competition venue.
· It is prohibited to bring glass bottles to the territory of Kääriku Sports Centre, and the organisers and the security guards shall have the right to confiscate glass bottles and the drink inside them.
· It is prohibited to smoke in the competition areas, in the vicinity of the competition areas and in public places in the territory of the Games.
· Please bring a valid student identification card with you. In the event of any doubts or protests, the secretariat shall have the right to request your documents for verification purposes.
· The wristband, starting number, and meal card shall be issued to the participants from the secretariat on the basis of personal identification document.