Cyber Security Engineering
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 3 years
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fee: €2400 per academic year
The curriculum is designed to provide higher education in the broad domain of Cyber Security, integrating Software Development and IT Systems Administration. Graduates of this curriculum will be able to independently design, operate and manage secure IT systems.
After graduating you will be able to:
- understand the whole lifespan of IT systems;
- develop, test and distribute information systems with focus on administration and security;
- perform information systems security testing based on standards and best practices;
- design, develop and implement information systems security procedures;
- master the basics of information systems administration, and administer development and testing environments;
- understand and act by the ethical norms of the field.
The 3 year (180 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Basic Skills and Competences (16 ECTS)
- Basics of Information Technology (24 ECTS)
- IT Systems Development (38 ECTS)
- IT Systems Administration (22 ECTS)
- Cyber Security (16 ECTS)
- Elective subjects (32 ECTS, spread into different modules, selected from a total of 91 ECTS)
- Internship (27 ECTS)
- Diploma Thesis (5 ECTS)
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- The secondary school graduation certificate and transcript
- Motivation letter (max. 10 points)
- Online test (max. 10 points)
- Skype interview (max. 10 points)
Threshold at least 6 points in each part - applicants receiving the required points on their entrance exams get admissions to TTÜ.
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter must be inserted.
Please include following:
- Why are you interested in the field of information technology (IT)?
- Why did you choose Estonia and TTÜ IT College for your future studies?
- What are the reasons for you to choose a career in cyber security?
- Do you work? For how long and in which field?
- Name the programming languages in which you have written at least 1000 lines of code.
- Name the operating systems that you have installation experience with.
- Describe your previous experience and competencies related to IT – e.g. your works and projects, skills you have mastered at training courses or by yourself, online IT courses you have passed, free and open-source software projects you have participated in, list of Github, Bitbucket and other social coding repositories, etc.
- If you do not have previous IT experience, please show your motivation by participating in at least one online course about programming, such as Codecademy Python http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python.
Once you have passed the course, please add a screenshot of your profile data showing the level of the passed course.
- List your achievements in other fields, e.g. participating in contests in Mathematics and Physics.
- Write about your interests and social activities.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.