| || |
Basic information, how to apply for long stay visa
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Who does not need visa?
Entering Schengen area
Who needs visa?
Who does not need a visa to visit Estonia?
Citizens of the member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation (“EU citizens”) have the right to stay in Estonia on the basis of a valid travel document or identity card for the period of up to 3 months/90 days. Later they have to register their living place and apply for Estonian ID card.
Non-EU Students, whose study period is longer than 3 months are not advised to enter Estonia visa free, as it is not in accordance with the laws and regulations of visa-free travelling and it may cause problems when reaching the first Schengen area country.
When non-EU student holds a Residence Permit or D-type visa of any other EU Country, which is issued for studies, (it has to be written on the document, based on the EU directive 2016/801 ) and the Residence Permit/Visa is valid during the study period, the student has a right to study in Estonia.
Period of the stay
A long-stay visa will be issued for single or multiple entries into Estonia with a period of validity up to twelve months and with the period of stay up to 365 days. The students get it for their study period.
Waiting for the visa
Approximately 14 days
Required documents for visa application
- a valid travel document which is issued within previous 10 years, contains at least two blank pages for visas and is valid at least 3 months after the expiration date of the visa;
- a fully completed and signed application form (367.84 KB, PDF).
- a photo (size 35x45 mm);
- an insurance policy valid for Estonia or for the Schengen area with a coverage of at least 30.000 EUR for the entire duration of stay;
- documents indicating the purpose of journey:
- a confirmation letter from the host; (you will get visa invitation letter from Mobility Center).
- documents in relation to accommodation or proof of sufficient means to cover the accommodation; (if you stay in the Academic hostel, it will be mentioned in your visa invitation letter).
- any information which supports an applicant intention to leave the Schengen area before the expiry of the visa;
- documents proving the sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to the country of origin or residence.
Role of TalTech in the process
- TalTech issues a confirmation letter from the host university (visa invitation), online Letter of Acceptance is meant for the student and his/her home university coordinator
- Please inform us ASAP, where and when you are going to apply for a visa?
TalTech’s information for the visa
name Tallinn University of Technology/TalTech
address: Street EHITAJATE TEE 5, zip code 19086, city: TALLINN, country: ESTONIA
· Telephone and telefax of company/organisation
TEL: +372 620 3517
FAX: +372 620 3517
· Registry code of TalTech: 74000323
· Host person: Kerti Sönmez, email@example.com
According to the regulation of Estonian Government, the citizens of Ukraine and Belarus are exempt from paying the visa fee.
Once in Estonia
- You are guest of Estonia
- No need to register residence in Tallinn
- Public transportation in Tallinn costs 23 eur per month
- Before applying a short-term employment, it must be registered at the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.
Submitting application in person:
Travelling in Europe
A long-stay (D) visa enables to travel in the Schengen area for 90 days within the period of 180 days period.