APPLY FOR EXCHANGE STUDIES
You can apply both to the Erasmus+ programme (exchange studies in Europe) and to partner universities outside of the EU. The main difference is that all students accepted to the Erasmus+ programme will automatically receive a scholarship of 400-500 EUR per month while studies outside of the EU have to be financed from students' own resources or with different national and international scholarships.
The initial application process and selection criteria are similar regardless of the exchange scheme.
AN APPLICANT SHOULD:
- have completed at least one semester of studies at TTÜ (at the time of application);
- have a grade point average of at least 3,0;
- be on a sufficient language level - the minimum is CEF level B2*;
- be ready to prove their motivation during a short interview with their Faculty selection committee;
- have paid all necessary tuition fees to TTÜ;
- provide an approval from your supervisor from TTÜ, if you plan on writing your thesis abroad (it is best to have an approval from the host universities supervisor as well).
Some schools in TTÜ have additional requirements! Please see the information here and discuss your options with the Departmental Coordinator!
* The Language Certificate can be a proof from the Dean's Office, that your studies are in English. If you are an Estonian and received at least 75 points from the high school English examination, that certificate is also accepted for TTÜs application.
It is important to check what document is required from the host university - if they need a specific English certificate you still might have to take an additional testing.
Information about TTÜ testings can be found here.
IN ORDER TO APPLY:
Step 1: Please study the information provided on this website, note the additional information marked in brackets after the name of each partner university.
Step 2: Then select three preferred universities, write a short letter of motivation (100-200 words), prepare your CV and get your language certificate.
Step 3: Once you have all this information ready, please log in to OIS, fill in the Application for an Exchange Programme, upload the required documents and submit your application.
SELECTION OF ERASMUS CANDIDATES:
The number of students participating in Erasmus exchange studies is limited in two ways:
- by the number of places for TTÜ students at each partner university per academic year;
- by the number of Erasmus scholarship places available for particular period.
Should there be a competition (either for places at a certain university or for the scholarship places in general), the applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Good academic record;
- Excellent language skills;
- Motivation (expressed during the interview, including the ability to serve as an ambassador of the home university and Estonia at the host university, potential future contribution to home university and Estonia);
- How the particular candidate succeeds in meeting the requirements set by the partner university or defined in the inter-institutional agreement;
- Availability of suitable subjects for the particular candidate at the selected partner university.