Welcome to Tallinn University of Technology!
During your first days of adjusting to the new environment there are some steps to follow in order to start your first semester successfully.
The very first things to take care of once you have arrived include:
- Contact the International Student Recruitment and Admissions Division to let us know that you have arrived safely. We would also like to update your file with:
- Your Estonian ID-card or TRP card
- Your Estonian phone number
- Your address in Estonia
- Accommodation. By now you should have your rental agreement with our on-campus dormitory or off-campus apartement
- Registering your place of temporary residence at the City District Government Office (obtaining the right of residence for EU students)
- Making sure you have a valid medical insurance. A student has to have an insurance contract granting that any costs related to his or her medical treatment as a result of illness or injury during the period of validity of the residence permit applied for will be met to the extent equal with persons covered with health insurance
- Opening a bank account in one of Estonian banks
- Getting an Estonian telephone number
Please keep us posted if any of your information (address, phone, email) changes.
You will meet your contact person at the Faculty during Orientation Days who will be your most relevant contact for all academic inquiries.
We hope that the informtaion in this section was useful to you. Please contact us with any questions you may have.