How to arrive?
From the airport
Once arrived to Lennart Meri international airport in Tallinn you can:
- take bus No. 2 (direction 'Reisisadam') in front of the airport that goes straight to the city center (stop called 'A.Laikmaa'). You may find the tram schedule HERE.
- take a tram No. 4 (direction 'Tondi') from the airport to the city centre (stop called 'Vabaduse Väljak (Freedom Square)'). You may find the tram schedule from HERE.
From the city center take either:
- trolley No. 3 from 'Vabaduse väljak' stop and get off at 'Keemia' stop that is just next to TTÜ campus.
- bus No. 36 from 'Vabaduse väljak' stop to 'Tehnikaülikool' stop that is just in front of TTÜ main building.
! Tickets can be purchased either from “R-kiosk” in the airport building or directly from the bus driver. You can find public transportation fares and prices from here!
You can also use a taxi which will take you from the airport directly to the student dormitory administrative office. Taxies are available right at the airport and will charge you around 15 Euros. Alternatively you can order a taxi by phone which will arrive within 10 minutes and by doing so the fee for the taxi will be slightly smaller.
The following list includes taxi companies offering lower fees:
- Kadaka pluss: phone +372 654 4544
- Inter takso: phone +372 655 9944
- Sinu takso: phone +372 660 6060
For a bit higher fee you can get high quality taxi in 10 minutes at any time of any day:
- Tulika: phone +372 612 0000 / +372 1200
- Tallink: phone +372 640 8921 / 1921
From the harbor
Once arrived to Tallinn harbor you can easily call and order a taxi from the list above. Tallink takso and Tulika takso are available right in the harbor while their services cost more.
This office situated at Raja 4D, Tallinn. The opening hours of the TTÜ Student Campus are here.
In case you arrive when dormitory administrative office is already closed you will need to stay temporarily (one night/three nights in case you arrive on Friday afternoon) at University's Academic Hostel (please inform us if you arrive late and you need a place in the hostel!).
Once you visit student dormitory administrative office during its opening hours you will be asked to pay the guarantee fee. The payment can be made in any bank using payment details you will get at the dormitory office. The closest bank is just one bus stop away from the University campus:
Turu plats 5/7, 11611 Tallinn. Tel +372 665 5100
Open Mon-Fri 10:00 – 18:00 & Sat 10:00 – 14:00
Guarantee fee is paid back in full amount when you will leave the dormitory office, i.e. when housing agreement will end, and when the room is in the same condition as it was when you arrived. Otherwise, the administrative office has a right to charge you.
Once the guarantee fee is paid please make sure to take the payment receipt and present it to the student dormitory administrative office. After payment has been made you are able to sign housing agreement. Please make sure to keep your copy of the document as you will need it later in the City District Government office when registering the temporary place of residence in Estonia.
You will be receiving an invoice every month containing monthly rent plus utility expenses. The later is higher during the heating season, i.e. September – April.
Once you have settled in your room please take your time to look around the campus and get prepared for Orientation Days.
Academic Hostel offers accommodation in double rooms. For TTÜ students the discount price of 30 EUR/night for a double room applies, it is possible to share the room with a friend.