In today’s technological society, engineers need to know their way around a field spanning from high-tech materials to unmanned aerial vehicles. We need increasingly more engineers whose knowledge is not limited to a single narrow subject, who can tie their knowledge and skills to IT, business and process management, product development, design and the digitalisation of production. All of that and much more is taught in Integrated Engineering!
LEVEL OF STUDYBachelor’s
FACULTYSchool of Engineering
STUDY LOAD180 ECTS (view curriculum)
MODE OF STUDYFull-time study
TalTech’s curriculum of Integrated Engineering unites different engineering subjects to satisfy the increasing need for engineers with versatile skills and knowledge who can solve the complicated problems of today’s industry. Therefore, your studies will include programming, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Robotics and Digital Manufacturing.
The curriculum is in English, preparing the students for continued studies in the Master’s degree curricula in the field of technology and IT. With the Erasmus+ programme, you will have the opportunity to study abroad for a semester. You will also expand your sphere of influence by studying together with international students and Erasmus+ exchange students.
Also visit the TalTech Integrated Engineering Facebook page!
You will understand the role of VR/AR in services development during this course. Additionally, you will go through the entire simulation process from planning of manufacturing and generating ideas to a prototype, involving monitoring of manufacturing by Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technologies. Furthermore, you can use VR/AR for controlling robots from distance and design user interface for smart-glass applications.
You will look deep into the inner workings of robots: which components they consist of, how to control, programme and teach them.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will understand the role of design in product development. You will go through the entire creative design process from the discovery of a problem and generating ideas to a prototype.
The 3 year (180 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- General studies
- Exact and Natural Sciences (24 ECTS)
- Mathematics (15 ECTS)
- Social and Economic Sciences (15 ECTS)
- Core studies
- Energy and Its Applications (24 ECTS)
- Information Technology (24 ECTS)
- Mechanics (18 ECTS)
- Technology and Manufacturing (24 ECTS)
- Design and Engineering (18 ECTS)
- Integrated Engineering (6 ECTS)
- Free choice courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation thesis (6 ECTS)
Why this specialty?
- Connecting different fields, such as IT, business and process management, design and product development, mechatronics and the digitalisation of production can only be studied at TalTech in Estonia (and in the entire Baltic region). We have the best opportunities and high-quality laboratories for this: laboratories for 3D printing, mechatronics, wood, metal, electronics, logistics, mobile services and media, virtual and augmented reality, etc.
- As a student, you can join the TalTech Mektory Satellite programme team, the TalTech Robotics Club or the student formula team FS Team Tallinn to put what you have learned into practice and try out new and exciting ideas.
Who will you become after graduation?
Most engineers work in international teams. You may find a job as a product developer who creates new products, machines, systems and services. Product and design managers are needed in companies that create their own products or product families,or operate in product development. As a production manager or engineer, you must know the construction, uses and technological capabilities of different technical systems, such as robots, production lines, etc. Increasingly more specialists with strong IT skills as software developers or product owners are needed to take products and production further to an online platform.
Online multiple choice test
Moodle online multiple choice test is to evaluate candidate's secondary school mathematics, physics, chemistry and information technology knowledge.
You have 30 minutes to complete the test. It is required to collect at least 60 points out of 100 to be invited for an online interview.
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
- Please include following:
- Why are you interested in Engineering?
- Why did you choose Estonia and TalTech University for your future studies?
- What are the reasons for you to choose a study program of Integrateded Engineering (IE)?
- Do you work or study? For how long you are working and in which field? Have you completed some other BSc programme? How many years have passed from your last training course in college, secondary school, or university?
- Name the programming languages and/or software packages you know well and are able to use.
- Describe your previous experience and competencies related to Engineering and/or Information Technology – e.g. your works and projects, skills you have mastered at training courses or by yourself, online courses you have passed, projects you have participated in, etc.
- Describe your language skills.
- Describe your international experience - have you studied or worked abroad, or have you travelled to other countries?
- List your achievements in study fields, e.g. participating in contests in Programming, Mathematics and Physics.
- Write about your interests and social activities.
NB! It is important to properly cite and reference any sources used in your motivation letter (quotations, publications, ideas etc. that are not your own). Neglecting the rules of referencing and citation is considered plagiarism and will result in the disqualification of your application.
Grading scale: 0-2
Only candidates who have passed the Moodle test will be invited to the interview.
During the interview, the following aspects will be evaluated: motivation; interests; achievements; skills and knowledge (math, physics, chemistry, information technology; English); international studying/working experience.
Grading scale: 0-8
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. Online interview will be conducted only to candidates who have passed the online test. An applicant who receives the minimum of 5 points for motivation letter and online interview is admitted.
TalTech international admissions office
TalTech international admissions office provides general advice to prospective Bachelor’s and Master’s degree applicants and their advisers about applying to and studying at TalTech University.
Student counsellor at School of Engineering
Student counsellor at School of Engineering can help you
with questions about the study programme.
Prof. Tauno Otto
(+372) 620 3266
Contact a Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador can help you with questions about living in Estonia, travelling to Estonia, work and housing options or free time activities for students.