Processing and Protection of Personal Data
In carrying out its activities Tallinn University of Technology (registry code 74000323; address Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn) comes across the data of natural persons.
Any data concerning an identified or identifiable natural person are personal data.
In the course of its activities Tallinn University of Technology performs various operations with personal data, i.e. processes personal data.
Personal data can be disclosed, communicated, collected, used, organised, stored, altered, recorded, closed, deleted, destroyed. The following may be carried out with regard to personal data: grant or restrict access; make enquiries; retrieve data.
Upon processing of personal data, TTÜ pays particular attention to the following principles:
- personal data shall be collected only in an honest and legal manner;
- the personal data processed shall be up-to-date and complete;
- security measures shall be applied in order to protect personal data;
- personal data shall be collected only for the achievement of determined and lawful objectives;
- personal data shall be collected only to the extent necessary for the achievement of determined objectives;
- the data subject shall be granted access to the data concerning him or her and the data subject has the right to correct the data, if necessary.
TTÜ takes organisational, physical and technical information security measures in order to protect personal data from disclosure, unauthorised processing and destruction.
A data subject has the right to:
- request from the processor of personal data access to the data concerning him or her and demand the correction or deletion of the data;
- file a complaint regarding processing of personal data to the supervisory authority.
For further information on processing and protection of personal data please contact the TTÜ data protection officer Henri Schasmin henri dot schasmin at ttu dot ee