Department of Business Administration is seeking to appoint one outstanding academic at Senior Lecturer level in the area of Accounting. Experience in teaching in any areas of Accounting is appropriate for this position.
The successful applicant will have the potential to build, or has already, a national and international research profile in the Accounting area. The department is cotinuously reviewing its teaching programmes and in this respect we are seeking an experienced person in curriculum development, accredetation from international accounting professional organisations such as ACCA, ICAEW or similar and proven ability or willingness to attract external research funding and to provide academic leadership and management.
The accounting research group has been identified as a strategically important area of development within the Department and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to help shape this development. We encourage applications in all areas of Accounting but are particularly interested to hear from candidates with strengths in research at international level with particular interest in management accounting control in public and private organisations using critical theoretical frameworks and Political/Economy perspectives.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Professor Istemi Demirag, Head of the Accounting Research group, email: istemi dot demirag at taltech dot ee
, telephone: +372 6203954 or +44 7760127555.
The Senior Lecturer shall be responsible for:
• Carrying out research and producing in top quality international journal publications in the field of Accounting;
• Organizing and conducting teaching on courses at a range of levels (including executive training) in the field of Accounting;
• Contributing to the development, planning, and implementation of new high-quality courses and accreditation of existing and new programmes;
• Supplementing the teaching process in the format of e-study;
• Supervising students and reviewing the theses;
• Building opportunities for knowledge transfer and business engagement.
• PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
• Competence and prior experience in teaching and supervising at a university (in a relevant field), feedback from former students above the average of the faculty level;
• Research competence;
• Proficiency in English required at least at level C1;
• Excellent communication skills.
For further information on application procedures, please contact Marii Haak, marii dot haak at taltech dot ee
Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is an international scientific community with 11,000 students and approximately 1,800 employees, one of the largest universities in Estonia that is the leading EU country in digitalization. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as good collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
The School of Business and Governance has a strong international team, a diverse student community, a wide interdisciplinary cooperation network, a modern working environment and good access to relevant infrastructure. The School has over 200 employees.
The research carried out at the Department of Business Administration in the School of Business and Governance in TalTech deals with various aspects of business – entrepreneurship, knowledge and technology transfer, strategic management, marketing, supply chain management, accounting and performance management. The Department has over 70 employees.